Sigmetrix, LLC is looking for an energized GD&T instructor and application engineer who can ensure customer satisfaction through a thorough understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing in the mechanical engineering, quality engineering, and manufacturing domain.
This position plays a critical role within the team responsible for executing customer consulting and educational engagements as well as identifying and expanding customer solutions and product development workflow for Sigmetrix software offerings. The individual will be instrumental in the support of Sigmetrix sales personnel to define and present GD&T technology solutions to prospective Sigmetrix customers and manage the technical and educational pre- and post-sales process.
Keys for a Successful Candidate
- Assertive, personable professional with clear technical, communication, and presentation abilities
- Goal driven instructional techniques resulting in students’ ability to demonstrate, understand, and apply GD&T to their industry and profession
- Work effectively with customers and all Sigmetrix team members to successfully manage GD&T instructional and consulting opportunities while being timely and thorough with follow-up
- Learn quickly and work autonomously
- Comfortable with diverse student experience levels and varying class sizes
- Support customers by delivering training and consulting services for GD&T and introductory tolerance analysis
- Prioritize customer needs on Sigmetrix product direction
- Have broad understanding of:
- assembly process techniques and part manufacturing methods
- product development process for industries supported by Sigmetrix products including medical, automotive, aerospace, consumer products, defense, and heavy equipment
- part inspection capabilities
- design, gaging, manufacturing, inspection, and assembly tooling
- how to implement GD&T to manufacture or inspect a part.
- Have working knowledge of:
- assembly variation analysis
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- mechanical design automation tools in a Product Lifecycle Management Process
- dimensional management practices and the relationship to quality management systems
- all CAD system integrations supported by Sigmetrix’ products
- Utilize instructional media, methods, and technologies to effectively manage the learning environment
- Develop, recommend, and update curricula, teaching method, examples, etc.
- Effectively convey to customers how current manufacturing techniques and designs can merge with practical GD&T implementation and use
- Keep current and proficient through educational, professional, and industry involvement
- Act as a technical expert on the product and subject matter in customer engagements
- Maintain and enhance the excellent image of Sigmetrix
- Other duties as directed by management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Technical proficiency with fluency in ASME and ISO standards
- Demonstrated practical GD&T application experience, fundamentals through advanced concepts
- Certification as a GD&T Professional (GDTP)
- Demonstrated experience in tolerance analysis and dimensional management
- 2D and 3D CAD modeling experience, specifically Creo ®, SOLIDWORKS ®, CATIA ®
- 5 + years product development or manufacturing engineering
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly (up to 40%)
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and meet restrictive timeframes
Competitive salary, generous benefits package, and casual office environment offered. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position reports to the Manager of Consulting and Educational Services. Open to Dallas, TX or Indianapolis, IN areas.
Please send a cover letter detailing how your qualifications address the position responsibilities and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. View our website at www.sigmetrix.com. No phone calls, please. Please know only qualifying resumes will receive consideration and submission response.