The GD&T ASME and ISO standards were created to improve communication and eliminate or at least minimize ambiguity. Due to the complexity of the subject however, applying GD&T to drawings or models can lead to miscommunication. The Drawing Compliance service is a review process conducted by Senior Level ASME Y14.5 Certified GD&T Specialists to ensure proper application of GD&T syntax and rules.
Recommended for: Use during product design before tooling phase. Can be used to benchmark current user understanding. Also good for companies new to GD&T or where GD&T is not a formal part of the design process. For best results, should be used in conjunction with Functional GD&T Assessment.
How it works:
- Can be done virtually or on-site
- Can be used as part of a more comprehensive dimensional management implementation
- Non-Disclosure Agreement is established
- Drawings are submitted for evaluation
- Drawing are marked up
- Summary document provided