As the release of EZtol gets closer many of you are asking what the key features are. We are happy to share those details with you, and to let you know we are still on track for it to be available later this quarter. And you’ll be happy to know we just launched www.eztol.com and will be adding information there, as well as details on how to purchase the software once it is available.
- Builds the analysis on top of the 3D design model:
a. Uses the actual nominal distances between surfaces/features from the design
b. Helps to ensure all components in the loop are included
c. Shows the optimum dimensioning scheme for the single analysis
- Automatically calculates the worst-case, RSS, and statistical results of the analysis. Metrics for statistical results can be reported as: Cpk, Sigma, DPMO, or % Yield.
- Lists of contributors sorted from largest to smallest.
- Define multiple tolerance stackup analyses on the same model.
- Provides a summary table showing the objectives and results of each stackup analysis along with a visual indication of whether the requirement has been met.
- Stores the dimensions, with tolerances, defined for each part so that the user doesn’t have to re-enter them for each loop. This also allows the automatic updating of all analyses when the user makes a modification to a tolerance used in multiple analyses.
- Generates detailed report with graphical view of the dimension loop over the models involved and a graphical presentation of results and the top contributors.
- Provides an indication that the tolerance stackup may not be 1D in nature including a note that the results provided may underestimate the actual variation that will occur during production.
- Doesn’t utilize CAD license to work with CAD models.
- Works with files from most major CAD systems!