This accelerated course was developed to teach advanced GD&T training through concepts like composite tolerancing, tolerance analysis, datum selection, non-rigid part dimensioning, and many more key dimensioning topics. The course covers a variety of topics from advanced GD&T concepts to the system approach for part dimensioning.
What is an Advanced GD&T Training Schedule with Sigmetrix?
This is a 3-day class covering the complete advanced concepts of advanced GD&T. It includes numerous practice problems and in-depth coverage of GD&T modeling concepts. You will learn to solve real-world problems; understand datum selection, how to reduce product costs, profile tolerancing, form controls, positional tolerancing, and part calculations. CEUs will be awarded for successful completion of the course.
Advanced GD&T Training Topics include:
- Functional dimensioning
- Rigid / Flexible parts – specification and interpretation
- Restraint notes on non-rigid parts – specification and interpretation
- Restrained part datum system on non-rigid parts
- Form control applications: seal, assembly, support, flatness
- Datum system
- Ten common datum feature types – specification and interpretation
- Datum target applications
- Special datum feature applications: screw threads, gears, splines temporary datum features
- Tolerance of position: modifier usage, loss function curve types, and applications
- Simultaneous and separate requirements for tolerance of position
- Composite position tolerancing
- Multiple single-segment position tolerancing
- Tolerance of position applications with a conical tolerance zone
- Profile controls, three profile myths
- Simultaneous and separate requirements for profile
- Composite profile tolerancing – specification and interpretation
- Multiple single segment profile – specification and interpretation
- Profile applications