CETOL 6σ User Mentoring Program
CETOL 6σ User Mentoring Program
Time is precious and in many cases is the number one barrier preventing proper adoption of new technology. With any analysis code, it is important that the user not only completes the work, but also is confident with the results and recommendations. The User Mentoring Program is designed to increase user productivity with CETOL 6σ while systematically completing project analysis requirements. This program increases the working knowledge of individuals and/or teams by learning modeling, validation and results interpretation techniques appropriate to a specific product or type of problem. Learning occurs real-time through the use of web-based conferencing. This is the recommended approach for developing CETOL 6σ users.
How does the User Mentoring Program work?
The CETOL 6σ User Mentoring Program is a two-step process. Step one occurs on-site with a Sigmetrix Engineer working directly with the newly trained CETOL users. The process begins by identifying tolerance analysis requirements for the user’s product/program. Requirements are prioritized and an analysis completion schedule is documented. Customer and Sigmetrix then work 1-on-1, or “1-on-many” to create CETOL 6σ analysis models. Timing for the on-site visit should be coordinated so analyses can be completed and implemented strategically into customer product development schedules. Ideally, this work would commence 3-4 weeks after the initial training.
On average, 12 hours of direct 1-on-1 time is required for each student depending on the complexity and volume of analyses. If a company has multiple new users, a classroom setting can be used to work “1-on-many” and make best use of the investment and time allotted. CETOL users report an increase in proficiency of 70% with the investment in on-site sessions.
Following the on-site visit, users continue to work with a Sigmetrix Engineer via Virtual Consulting. A Virtual Consulting contract provides direct access to Sigmetrix engineers to get product-specific modeling and analysis advice via GoToMeeting. Time is used to complete on-going analysis work until student proficiency and confidence allows the student to work independently. Sixteen hours of Virtual Consulting time per student is recommended.
All analysis models are validated for accuracy using CETOL 6σ validation tools. Results can then be analyzed and decisions made where necessary. As a result of this process, the user will also become proficient with results presentation to a non-CETOL 6σ audience. This is an important skill to develop so that all affected departments share a common understanding of the results and the decision tools available in CETOL 6σ.
- One on-site visit of 2-5 days to prioritize requirements and conduct CETOL modeling
- Sixteen hours of Virtual Consulting support per student to finalize analyses
- Development of proficient, independent CETOL 6σ Users
- Compress time to complete tolerance analyses by 50% or more.
- Guarantees Return-on-Investment for the CETOL 6σ software purchase
- Completion of key tolerance analysis requirements for current development projects
- Ensures modeling accuracy and correct interpretation of CETOL 6σ results
- Establish non-disclosure agreement. In most cases, the customer NDA document is used.
- Product Review to:
- Translate product requirements into analysis requirements
- Develop and publish time-line and milestones for analysis completion
- Conduct CETOL 6σ modeling support
- Conduct analysis results interpretation and identify recommendations where needed
- Complete User Mentoring with final review of analyses completed versus planned