Tri Mark Cab Door
Study #1 – Cab Door (TriMark)
- Operator cabs work similar to a car doors with a latch (attached to the door) locking on to a pin that is attached to the cab frame.
- If the pin and the latch do not line up properly the door will not latch and stay closed.
- Suddenly stops working properly due to latch misalignment.
- Due to the large number of components, many engineering hours are required to find the problem
Sigmetrix Tolerance Analysis Solutions Used To Answer The Following Questions:
- What parts are causing the misalignment problem?
- Are these parts that are purchased from a supplier of manufactured internally?
- What step in the manufacturing process is causing the problem?
- What should be done to correct the problem?
- What should be done to correct the problem? – Invest more in tooling? – Spend more time inspecting parts?
- If it is a supplier problem, can this supplier meet the requirements or should a different supplier be used?
- How can the design be changed in the future to prevent this issue?
- Sigmetrix solved problem in 15 days
- Saved 12 weeks of engineering “problem solving” time per design cycle
- Shortened assembly adjustment time by 2 hours per machine (6000 machines/year).
- Estimated savings: approximately, $600K/ year