Inside Sales Representative
Sigmetrix is seeking an Inside Sales Representative. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for communicating with customers, making outbound calls to potential customers, following up on leads, understanding customers’ needs and identifying sales opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage assigned opportunities.
- Follow up on assigned inbound, web and corporate event generated opportunities.
- Prospecting assigned opportunities and leads in Salesforce.
- Prospecting into accounts through calls and emails as assigned by sales representatives.
- Prospecting using business social media accounts, such as LinkedIn.
- Meet or exceed all assigned targets.
- Forecast weekly, monthly, and quarterly revenues.
- Accept inbound and perform outbound telephone calls to identify sales opportunities.
- Meet and exceed daily call & activity metrics.
- Develop meaningful relationships with customers to encourage trust and loyalty.
- Follow up on cold and warm leads to further the sales process.
- Understand and demonstrate the product or service to the customer.
- Set and meet sales goals and objectives set by leadership.
- Improve sales skills to increase sales success rates.
- Track sales opportunities in Salesforce.
- Align with channel and partner teams to support overall company revenue targets.
- Perform ongoing research and report on opportunities that are supported.
- Act as a liaison between partner, customers, and appropriate team members.
- Perform other duties and projects, as assigned to support the growth or our business.
- Research, identify and follow up with new prospects and leverage the Sales team to assist.
- Build and maintain fluid relations with potential and existing customers, resellers, integrators, and partners.
- Develop education regarding the organization; political and socio-economic trends and industry developments.
- Communicate with customers, make outbound calls to potential customers, and following up on leads.
- Understanding customers’ needs and identifying sales opportunities.
- Answering potential customers’ questions and sending additional information per email.
- Keeping up with product and service information and updates.
- Creating and maintaining a database of current and potential customers.
- Explaining and demonstrating features of products and services.
- Staying informed about competing products and services.
- Upselling products and services.
- Researching and qualifying new leads.
- Closing sales and achieving sales targets.
- Participates in staff and other meetings as appropriate.
- Identifies and takes initiative to improve processes and communication with team members.
- Continues development of personal and professional skills and establishes and participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of regulatory and other trends that may affect the business or direction of the company’s initiatives, policies, and programs.
- Manage coordination and communication with direct sales team and distributor partners to determine and provide necessary support and services.
- Determine and provide approved discount allowances to prospects.
- Prepare quotes and quote requests.
- Manage schedule of and process notifications to all direct customers and distribution partners for applicable timely maintenance.
- Maintain all customer and distribution partner sales records in company systems such as Salesforce.
- Provide administrative support and coordination with customers, such as Non-Disclosures and coordination of vendor set-up documents with Operations team
- Provide assistance to customers via direction to online access support system and determine when escalation is necessary.
- Works closely with the senior management team, and other key personnel and contacts for seamless integration of responsibilities and functions.
- Consistently meets and/or exceeds productivity goals; meets competing deadlines.
- All other duties as assigned for the successful execution and/or completion of various projects whether or not specifically assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Strong time management, organization, and communication skills; excellent time management techniques, detail-oriented.
- Coachable and flexible.
- Self-motivated and able to manage a diverse, high-volume workload; Ability to quickly build productive relationships in a fast-paced, high-performance environment.
- Solid judgment, foresight, problem-solving, analytical; strong attention to details.
- Able to multitask effectively under tight deadlines.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and business communication skills (written and verbal); ability to listen actively
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team member on a broad variety of projects
- Ability to demonstrate success in competencies such as interpersonal influence, innovative thinking and performance leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate moral character and social leadership; integrity, honesty, tact, fairness, patience, lack of prejudice and desire to help when dealing with people of varying social, cultural and economic backgrounds; creates and promotes a harmonious work environment.
- Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner; ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or preferred related area.
- 3+ years in sales driven position.
Valued but not required skills or experience:
- Work in Information Technology Industry.
- 2+ years’ experience in technical sales.
Sigmetrix has been helping companies produce better products for over 25 years through a combination of software solutions, training, and consulting services that focus on managing the impact of mechanical variation. For more information, visit our website at https://www.sigmetrix.com.
Competitive salary, generous benefits package, and flexible, casual environment. This position is exempt. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. View our website at www.sigmetrix.com.
* Remote work options may be considered for highly qualified candidates.