Sigmetrix is seeking a Software Developer to help design and implement engineering analysis applications that interface with major mechanical CAD systems. This position functions as a critical member of an Agile Scrum team and actively participates in all aspects of software development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in sprint planning, sprint reviews, and daily Scrum meetings as a member of an Agile Scrum team
- Work closely with the team Product Owner to design and implement new software product features and diagnose and fix software defects
- Create and maintain automated unit tests on the application code base
- Work closely with other developers to perform code reviews and respond to issues discovered during code reviews
- Work closely with the QA team to validate software changes and fix test failures
- Use the approved development tools and development procedures to deliver high-quality maintainable code
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years’ of experience in software development using C++
- BS or MS degree in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics, or other highly technical field
- Eligible for hire in the US without work visa sponsorship
- Effective team-based communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with modern source control, defect tracking, and continuous integration systems
- Experience with a unit test framework
Optional Experience and Knowledge
- CAD APIs (Creo Parametric TOOLKIT, SOLIDWORKS API, HOOPS Exchange/HOOPS Visualize, Inventor SDK, or CATIA CAA) with Visual Studio IDE
- GD&T and tolerancing standards such as ASME Y14.5 and ISO equivalents
- Technical understanding of the mechanical engineering design and manufacturing domain
- Qt GUI Toolkit
- Agile Scrum and test-driven development methodologies
- Jira, Bitbucket, Git and Jenkins
Competitive salary, generous benefits package, and flexible, casual office environment. This is a non-remote position located at our McKinney, TX, corporate office. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Sigmetrix has been helping companies produce better products for over 25 years through a combination of software solutions, training, and consulting services that focus on managing the impact of mechanical variation. For more information, visit our website at https://www.sigmetrix.com.