Software Developer – PLM Applications
Sigmetrix is seeking a Software Developer to help design and implement engineering analysis applications that interface with major PLM systems. This position functions as a critical member of an Agile Scrum team and actively participates in all aspects of software development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in sprint planning and daily Scrum meetings as a member of an Agile Scrum team
- Work closely with the team Product Owner to design and implement new software product features and diagnose and fix software defects
- Create and maintain unit tests in the application code base
- Work closely with other developers to perform code reviews and fix issues discovered
- Work closely with the QA team to validate software changes and fix test failures
- Use the approved development tools and procedures to deliver high-quality maintainable code
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years’ of experience in software development using C++
- BS or MS degree in engineering, computer science, physics, mathematics, or other highly technical field
- Minimum 1 year experience in developing applications for at least one of the following CAD PLM systems – Siemens Teamcenter, PTC Windchill, Dassault Systems Enovia/3D Experience
- Effective team-based communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency creating and using unit tests
- Experience with modern source control, defect tracking, and continuous integration systems
- Eligible for hire in the US without work visa sponsorship
Optional Experience and Knowledge
- CAD APIs (CATIA V6/3D Experience CAA, Creo Parametric TOOLKIT, SOLIDWORKS API, HOOPS Exchange/HOOPS Visualize, Inventor SDK, CATIA V5 CAA)
- GD&T and tolerancing standards such as ASME Y14.5 and ISO equivalents
- Technical understanding of the mechanical engineering design and manufacturing domain
- Qt GUI Toolkit
- Agile Scrum and test-driven development methodologies
- Jira, Bitbucket, Git and Jenkins
Competitive salary, generous benefits package, and flexible, casual office environment. This is a non-remote position located at our McKinney, TX, corporate office(*). Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Sigmetrix has been helping companies produce better products for over 25 years through a combination of software solutions, training, and consulting services that focus on managing the impact of mechanical variation. For more information, visit our website at https://www.sigmetrix.com.
* Remote work options may be considered for highly qualified candidates.