Sigmetrix and Maplesoft to Jointly Sponsor CAASE18
The two companies will partner together to showcase high-performance products to attendees of The Conference on Advancing Analysis & Simulation in Engineering
MCKINNEY, Texas – May 24, 2018 – Sigmetrix, global experts in GD&T and mechanical variation, and Maplesoft, a leading provider of mathematics-based software solutions for science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), announced they will be jointly sponsoring and exhibiting at CAASE18. The conference will be held June 5-7, 2018 in Cleveland, Ohio. The teams will be at booth 1 to discuss and demonstrate their model-based tools for reliable development from design to build.
Sigmetrix President, Chris Wilkes, will present “Tolerance Analysis ‐ An Engineering Simulation of Production and Performance Quality” on Thursday, June 7, 2018 at 1:00pm in room 25B. He will be discussing how tolerance analysis software can be used during design to make improvements as efficiently as possible and during production to make several different types of business decisions. These crucial decisions include vendor selection, use/scrap decisions for non‐compliant parts, and where best to spend money on data collection.
Together, Maplesoft and Sigmetrix offer tools that help customers quickly expose issues in product performance and production tolerance. These tools enable the use of model-based techniques to help engineers address concerns before building a physical prototype. At this stage, solving a problem amounts to the click of a mouse, whether it be adjusting for a complicated tolerance issue, or choosing the right motor to handle fast-moving payloads.
Maplesoft provides engineers with the tools and expertise they need to enable a model-driven innovation process that helps manage design complexity. With system-level modeling and analysis tools MapleSim and Maple, companies can reduce development risk and bring high-quality products to market faster. Using Maplesoft solutions, customers can:
- import pre-existing CAD to construct and simulate physics-based representation of products
- access system-level modeling and simulation solutions to reduce performance issues in new designs
- obtain services for virtual commissioning – a faster, low-risk way to spot control errors during commissioning
Sigmetrix is a provider of comprehensive, easy-to-use software solutions that help users achieve robust designs through tolerance analysis and the correct application of GD&T. With 25+ years of R&D and consulting experience, they are global experts in GD&T and mechanical variation. Their products include:
- CETOL 6σ, a 3D tolerance analysis solution that enables designers and engineers to understand the impact of part and assembly variation on the fit and performance of their products
- EZtol, a 1D analysis tool offering numerous advantages over spreadsheet-based analyses
- GD&T and MBD training classes instructing how to use GD&T and tolerance analysis effectively, define products and processes optimally, and help implement 3D model-based definition in a model-based enterprise
- Professional Services team with years of experience in tolerance analysis and GD&T definition offers a variety of consulting services to augment your team, speed your project along and run analyses for your assemblies
“The Conference on Advancing Analysis & Simulation in Engineering is an excellent opportunity for many industries related to simulation-based engineering,” said Chris Wilkes, President of Sigmetrix. “Many development teams know that simulation-based engineering can save time and money. But there are so many more insights that can be gained from the CAASE18 proceedings, since they will cover not only topics such as Implementing Simulation Governance & Democratization, but also Driving the Design of Physical Systems, Components & Products, and Advancing Manufacturing Processes & Additive Manufacturing.”
CAASE18 will bring together leading visionaries, developers, and practitioners of CAE-related technologies in an open forum to share experiences, discuss relevant trends, discover common themes, and explore future issues. This conference will cover a wide range of topics, addressing every aspect of engineering analysis and simulation during a 3-day program. Learn more and register at: https://www.nafems.org/2018/americas/