EZtol – Tolerance stackup analysis made easy!
EZtol is a tolerance analysis program focused on simplifying the definition of one-dimensional tolerance stackups most commonly performed using spreadsheets. Much work is required in creating such spreadsheets that manage all the product requirements simultaneously with consideration of common dimensions and tolerances that feed each one, properly including the impacts of the more complex geometric tolerances, and properly calculating the statistical results. Analysis spreadsheets often include a visual diagram either from the model or an assembly-level drawing to help explain the components of each of the analyses, but these too must be maintained as updates are made.
Oftentimes tolerance analysis spreadsheets, despite all of the work invested in creating them, don’t reveal the complete story. The stackups in such spreadsheets quite frequently don’t consider all of the variation that can occur. EZtol helps the user identify when the tolerance stackup may not be 1D in nature to help determine when to use a more powerful 3D tolerance analysis tool, such as CETOL 6σ.
Key Benefits of EZtol
- Builds the analysis on top of the 3D design model:
- a. Uses the actual nominal distances between surfaces/features from the design
- b. Automatically tracks changes in your design to ensure they don’t cause unforeseen problems
- c. Uses tolerance information, also referred to as Product Manufacturing Information, or PMI, defined in your CAD part models (CAD-system specific)
- d. Helps to ensure all components in the loop are included
- e. Shows the optimum dimensioning scheme for the single analysis
- Automatically calculates the worst-case, RSS, and statistical results of the analysis. Metrics for statistical results can be reported as: Cpk, Sigma, DPMO, or % Yield.
- Lists the contributors sorted from largest to smallest.
- Supports the definition of multiple tolerance stackup analyses on the same model.
- Summarizes the results of each stackup with table showing the objectives and results for each along with a visual indication of whether the requirement has been met.
- Stores the dimensions, with tolerances, defined for each part so that the user doesn’t have to re-enter them for each loop. This also allows the automatic updating of all analyses when the user makes a modification to a tolerance used in multiple analyses.
- Generates detailed reports with graphical view of the dimension loops over the models involved with a graphical presentation of results and the top contributors.
- Warns when the tolerance stackup may not be 1D
- Avoids utilizing CAD licenses to work with CAD models.
- Works with files from most major CAD systems!