Last modified: September 28, 2022
1 – Privacy and Your Information
This Privacy Notice explains how Sigmetrix, LLC (“we”) collect and use personal information.
“Personal information” is information that identifies, or can reasonably be linked directly or indirectly to, an identifiable person. Personal information does not include information that is anonymous, de-identified, or aggregated, as those terms may be defined under applicable law.
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that we collect through our websites, software applications (including mobile and web applications), training products, and services (altogether, “Services”); through email, text, and other electronic messages; and through our marketing, sales and advertising practices, including in-person and digital events, webinars, surveys, marketing activities, and visits to our premises.
We do not share or sell any personal information that you provide to us for any separate use by any third party.
2 – How We Collect Personal information
We obtain personal information in different ways, including through direct interactions, through automated technologies, and from third party sources.
2.1 – Direct Interactions
We collect information directly from you, such as when you fill in forms on our website, send us emails and messages, register Services, or interact with us at in-person and digital events, webinars, surveys, marketing activities, and visits to our premises. This information is limited to the voluntary information you provide, most of which is based on how we can contact and communicate with you.
2.2 – Automated Technologies
2.2.1 – Web Usage Information
As you interact with our website, we automatically collect data about your use of our website. This may include information such as your IP address, the type of browser and operating system used; your behavior while using our site, including the time you spend on portions of the site and how you interact with various aspects of the site.
2.2.2 – Web Data Technologies
We use various technologies such as cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons (generally referred to as “Data Technologies”) to automatically collect information. When we refer to Data Technologies, we are including all current and similar future technologies. We use one or more Data Technologies on our websites and applications. Data Technologies may be used by us and others, to transmit information to you or about you and connect information about you from different sources, websites, devices, and applications.
188.8.131.52 – Google Analytics
One specific Data Technology that we use is Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help us analyze how users use our website. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on by clicking here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. For more information on how Google uses the data collected via this service, see here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
184.108.40.206 – Cookie Preferences
2.2.3 – Other Product-Related Data
As you interact with our other products and services (such as software and training products), we may collect, maintain, process, and use diagnostic and usage data regarding your use of those products and services for product support, product development, product improvement, and to provide our products and services to you. This includes technical information (such as the type of computer, operating system, and similar data) and product usage data (such as the features you use and how you use them). We will only collect this information anonymously in a form that will not identify you and this information does not constitute personal information. We will provide you with the option to opt-out of such data collection. If you do not opt-out, you consent to such data collection.
2.3 – Third Party Sources
We receive and process information from our affiliates and from third-party sources, such as employers, business partners, business contact databases, enrichment services, channel partners (e.g., resellers), marketing service providers, third-party data aggregators, and social networking services and platforms (e.g., LinkedIn and Facebook). In accordance with applicable law, we may combine your personal information with information we collect from other parties to help keep our databases current and accurate, and to provide you with more relevant content, experiences, applications, and other offerings.
3 – How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information to run our business and:
- To provide our Services. We use information about you to provide the Services to you, including to process transactions with you, authenticate you when you register software, provide customer support, and operate, maintain, and improve the Services.
- To provide you with support for the Services. We use information about you to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyze crash information, and to repair and improve the Services.
- For research and development. We use information (including feedback) about how you and other people use our Services to troubleshoot, to identify trends, usage, activity patterns, and areas for improvement of our Services and to develop new products, features and technologies that benefit our customers.
- To communicate with you. We use information about you to notify you about changes to our Services and to market and advertise our Services to you, which includes promotional communications with you and advertising directed to you.
- For Safety and Security. We use information about you to verify accounts and activity, to detect, prevent, and respond to potential or actual security incidents and to monitor and protect against other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including violations of the Services policies.
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights. We use information about you to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us, including for billing and collection. We use your information in compliance with legal obligations under applicable laws.
- With your consent. When you give us consent to use information about you for specific purposes that are not listed, we use your information consistent with that consent. For example, with your permission, we may publish white papers or testimonials about our Services that include your personal information.
4 – Types of Information We Collect
We collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you as follows:
- Identity and Contact Data, such as your name, phone number(s), physical addresses, email addresses, IP addresses, and account username.
- Professional Data, such as your occupation, industry, and other qualifications.
- Commercial Data, such as details about Services that you have purchased, used and/or expressed interest in, and events you have attended as it relates to Sigmetrix.
- Financial Data, such as payment information you provide when making a purchase.
- Usage Data, such as how you use our Services.
We do not collect any ‘special categories of Personal information’ about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, gender identity, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, criminal convictions and offenses, and genetic and biometric data).
5 – How We Share Your Information
We do not share or sell any personal information that you provide to us for any separate use by any third party.
We may share your personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- We may share personal information with contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. They are not allowed to share or use your personal information for any purpose other than to provide services to us.
- We may share personal information with third parties when required by law or to respond to legal process, to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our services and to protect our legal rights.
- We may disclose personal information as part of a contemplated or actual corporate transaction such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
6 – Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Opt-Out.If you do not wish to allow the collection of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can request the cessation of using your personal information for this purpose by utilizing “unsubscribe” options that we provide or by sending a request to the contact address set forth below. If you opt out but are a current customer, we will still send you transactional emails. Transactional emails are necessary communications about your accounts and our business dealings with you, such as renewals and updates, and, as allowed by applicable law, requests for your participation in surveys.
- Objections. You have the right to request consideration of any valid objections to our use of your personal information when we (i) process your information for the purposes of our legitimate interests, (ii) use your personal information for direct marketing; or (iii) use your personal information for statistical purposes.
7 – Access, correction to, or deletion of your information
If you would like to correct or update your personal information or request access to or deletion of your personal information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are obligated to verify your identity before we provide personal information. If you request a change to or deletion of your personal information, please note that we may still need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion. Some of your information may also remain in our systems and other records where necessary for compliance with applicable law. If we maintain your personal information based on your consent or so that we could enter into a contract with you, you can also request that we provide you a copy of your data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and request the transfer of certain of your personal information to another party under certain conditions.
8 – European Privacy Disclosures
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK), or Switzerland, please review these additional privacy disclosures under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
8.1 – Our Legal Basis for Collecting and Using Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, where we have a legal obligation to do so or where the collection is in our legitimate interests (such as processing for administrative purposes, preventing fraud or criminals acts and in support of information security) and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g., your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis for any specific processing activity, please contact us at email@example.com.
8.2 – Complaints
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority applicable in the jurisdiction in which you are located, and with relevant judicial authorities.
8.3 – Data Security
The security of your information is important to us. When we process your data, we utilize reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical, and organizational security measures to protect your personal information against risks such as temporary or permanent loss, destruction or unauthorized or unlawful access, alteration, use or disclosure. We require our suppliers and partners to apply similar protections when they access or use personal information that we share with them. No technology, data transmission or system is 100% secure, and this policy does not imply or assert any obligation or promise that your data will not be compromised. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8.4 – Data Retention
We retain your personal information for the period necessary to: provide you with the Services you have requested of us, as needed to comply with legal obligations (e.g., to comply with mandatory record retention or legal hold requirements), as agreed to in a consent form, to resolve disputes, and to otherwise fulfill the purposes, rights and obligations outlined in this Privacy Notice. Retention periods can vary significantly based on the type of information and how it is used. Our retention periods are based on criteria that include legally mandated retention periods, pending or potential litigation, our intellectual property rights or ownership rights, contractual requirements, operational directives or needs, and historical archiving.
8.5 – Personal Information of Minors
Our Services are designed for adults, and we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act in the United States and similar laws around the world, where applicable. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors without proper consent from a parent or legal guardian. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a minor without proper consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a minor, please contact us at email@example.com.
9 – Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Occasionally, we may update this Privacy Notice to accommodate new technologies, industry practices, regulatory requirements or for other purposes. If we do so, we will change the “last updated” date at the top of this statement and the revised Privacy Notice will be posted to this page so that you are aware of the information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we may disclose it. Under certain circumstances (including certain material changes) we will provide notice to you of these changes and, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent. Notice may be by email to you, by posting a notice of such changes on our applications and websites, or by other means consistent with applicable law.
10 – Contact Information
Sigmetrix, LLC is the data controller and provider of Services. If you have a privacy question, concern, or request, please contact us at:
@ Sigmetrix 2022