We are thrilled to be sponsoring LiveWorx again this year! Are you planning to attend? It should be a great 4 days of education, networking, and entertainment! While you are there we hope you can stop by our booth (#329) and see the latest version of CETOL 6σ. We are presenting several times throughout the week too:
- Stephen Werst, Senior Product Strategist presents MBD Enables Easy Simulation of Product Performance on Tuesday, May 23, 10:30 AM – 11:15 AM
- Chris Wilkes, President and CEO, is presenting the ignite session Using Tolerance Analysis Software to Explore Manufacturing Alternatives on Wednesday, May 24, 10:15 AM – 10:30 AM
- James Stoddard, Executive Vice President, Product Development, will present Unlock the Potential of Model-Based Definition by Using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Methods on Thursday, May 25, 9:00 AM – 9:45 AM
Here is a sneak peak of what you’ll be able to see:
This latest version builds upon the power of CETOL with enhanced functionality that makes it easier than ever to use:
- Completely updated, modern UI, optimized to make analysis definition easier
- Multiple layers of user guidance
- Practical tutorial videos to refresh your understanding
- Context sensitive, state-of-the-art help system
- Improved Advisor, showing what you need to do, when you need to do it
- New assembly states allow for greater flexibility in defining which components to include in each analysis
GD&T Advisor for PTC® Creo® 4.0
Sigmetrix, a PTC partner for 18 years, was chosen to partner with PTC on integrating the new GD&T Advisor extension into Creo 4. This will alleviate a major hurdle for companies trying to move to a model-based definition (MBD) environment. GD&T Advisor will:
- Guide the user through the process of adding GD&T information onto the model
- Educate the user on the correct and appropriate GD&T for the selected geometry
- Verify that the GD&T information is correct and conforms to the appropriate standards
- Validate that the model is fully constrained
Businesses will be able to simultaneously reduce their risk of misinterpretation and missing information, as well as increase productivity and create higher quality products.
GD&T, Tolerance Analysis, and MBD/MBE Training Classes
Sigmetrix and Advanced Dimensional Management have joined forces to offer new and expanded courses to confidently solve your day-to-day dimensioning and tolerancing problems.
Training is based on years of industrial experience coupled with strong understanding of GD&T, engineering standards, tolerance analysis, and dimensional management. The courses are thorough, enjoyable, technically accurate, and useful; balancing technical rigor with easy-to-understand presentation.
MapleSim is an advanced system-level modeling tool from Maplesoft that reduces development risk and provides greater insight into system behavior, so you can create better products, faster. With MapleSim, you can investigate how your mechanical models will behave when part of a larger system by incorporating your CAD models into MapleSim’s multidomain, system-level modeling environment. In this way, you can identify and correct problems early in the development process, and take advantage of MapleSim’s analysis tools to optimize your designs.
Come by the booth and meet Dr. Chad Schmitke, Senior Director, Product Development
Dr. Chad Schmitke holds a Ph.D. in Systems Design Engineering from the University of Waterloo, where he serves as an adjunct professor. His research focuses on the symbolic modeling of multibody mechatronic systems. Before joining Maplesoft, Chad worked as Chief Developer at MotionPro, and at the Canadian Space Agency as a post-doctoral fellow, developing tools for modeling robotic manipulators.