Sigmetrix To Exhibit at PTC User 2022
Attendees will be able to explore how Sigmetrix can help them maximize the return on their MBD/MBE investment along with as well as delivering more innovative products through mechanical variation management.
MCKINNEY, Texas – September 28, 2022 – Sigmetrix, a company known for helping their customers produce better products through mechanical variation management, will exhibit at PTC/USER 2022 from October 3-6, 2022. PTC/USER is the independent voice for users of software produced by PTC. As the sole entity recognized by PTC as the official worldwide representative of its customers, it is uniquely positioned to support customers through a dedicated user network; educate customers through an online file library, online discussion forums in partnership with PTC Community and contributions to PTC events; and advocate on the behalf of customers through an annual meeting with PTC and Technical Communities and Working Groups.
There is a lot of discussion in industry about Model-Based, Industry 4.0, and the Digital Thread. Many companies are starting down the path toward a Model-Based Enterprise, but that path can be challenging. There are many facets to becoming truly Model-Based, but as the name implies, the key is the models themselves and their connections to various parameters. It is important that all requirements be tied directly to this comprehensive set of models to ensure traceability and usability. One set of requirements that is critical to the quality of any product is its dimensional requirements that are used to control mechanical variation. Overlooking this important aspect can quickly derail the value proposition of your Model-Based Enterprise. Sigmetrix, with its knowledge of managing mechanical variation, can help maximize the return on your MBD / MBE investment in the following ways:
- Ensure the integrity of your MBD to maximize usability
- Guide the creation of optimal dimensioning schemes, including GD&T
- Promote consistent knowledge between contributors and consumers
- Assess and improve the maturity of your organization’s Mechanical Variation Management
Traditional views on the management and understanding of mechanical variation have stifled innovation in some companies and limited them to only developing derivative products. The best-performing companies see how a consistent understanding of mechanical variation throughout an organization and the ability to quickly simulate sensitivity to variation in concepts leads to more innovative, breakthrough products. This is from several factors, including being able to:
“We are excited to once again be at an in-person event with the PTC/USER community,” said Raphael Nascimento, Product Manager for Creo EZ Tolerance Analysis at Sigmetrix. “We’re looking forward to talking with people about how Sigmetrix software, training, and consulting can help them achieve their Model-Based goals and deliver more innovative products through better understanding of mechanical variation.”
Sigmetrix is the provider of the technology that powers both Creo GD&T Advisor and Creo EZ Tolerance Analysis Extension. They are global leaders in training and consulting on topics of mechanical variation, GD&T, and dimensional management as well. This combination of products and services enable companies to better understand the impact of manufacturing variations on their designs, facilitating the ability to make more objective cost and quality decisions, achieving faster time to market, and delivering more innovative products. Their solutions include:
- Expert Training provided through more than a dozen instructor-led and computer-based courses covering basic to advanced GD&T/GPS, MBE, and MBD, including courses dedicated to Creo GD&T Advisor and Creo EZ Tolerance Analysis
- Consulting and implementation services team with years of experience in tolerance analysis and GD&T definition offers a variety of consulting services to augment your team, speed your project along and run analyses for your assemblies
- EZtol is a1-D tolerance stackup analysis tool intended to replace spreadsheet-based strategies by supporting model-based stackups on models from most of the major CAD systems. EZtol is directly embedded in Creo Parametric under the name Creo EZ Tolerance Analysis Extension.
- GD&T Advisor is an application directly embedded in Creo Parametric that provides expert guidance on the correct application of GD&T and GPS, ensuring standards compliance while greatly improving productivity
- CETOL 6σ is a 3-D model-based tolerance analysis solution that works directly with your PTC® Creo®, CATIA®, SOLIDWORKS®, and Siemens NX™ CAD model data
Sigmetrix has been helping companies produce better products for over 20 years through a combination of software solutions, training, and consulting services that focus on managing the impact of mechanical variation. For more information, visit their website at https://www.sigmetrix.com.